Thursday 1 September 2011

We shall smile tho we cry


bloodywrits.blogspot.com
for a friend, her family, her DAD and my AUNT
For seeds to rise, they die,
I’m told
For good to come, sometimes,
the bad unfolds
I am told

Why do babies,
those chubby, giggling, pudgy,
sweet, little things,
die?
I wonder . . . I have wondered
Now my thoughts wander
In circles of seamy, sartorial stitches . . .

I wander, wonder clothed in all the seeming philosophical reasons
postulated by man . . .
          for why the prettiest of blooming flowers wither;
          for why my love for my wow friend has gone sour, bitter;
          for why the Magi divorce Reason when it comes to sex;
          for why the genius in his ingenuity never gets heard
                   by the rich
                             moron.
Still wandering, wondering . . .
 Philosophy and the holy books have made no difference;
I shall weep anyway . . .
PS- Tears spilled in remembrance of smiles
          And times we dined, wined, loved, loved and loved

We still shall love and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment