Tuesday 6 September 2011

Forgotten



bloodywrits.blogspot.com
an excerpt, to be spoken, from something trashy

Someone called me a genius once.
She lied, I think she meant my tongue.
Another called me a boring bookworm
She knew nothing: I read the reviews,
pick up books, skip to the coital scenes
I re-read these scenes until pages innumberable
are etched in rolls of vellums in my memory

Now when I speak, my words come coital
They loiter in the air just outside my labia-
majora …injuring my friends,
my selfish friends who know I
am ‘selfisher’ and stink of 3
day old, low class members of the fish club-
sawa*.

That is not all.
My mind is a see-saw.
I see, I saw, I wonder . . .my momma
came, she bore, I sauntered
out into a field of mostly scorched, brown
grass
some go from grass to grace
I just hobble and trek from one paddock of scrapes
to another where pleasure tastes like hot brine
and the hurts, pain and rejection make me smile

chai! The clock chimes into my glass-
cup in ticks and tocks
it’s half-full, there’s no time to waste

If, perchance, I die with my spectacles on the bridge of my nose
without making you, babe, score a big O;
without scribbling into your eyes and mind words , profound;
without making worthwhile the acre-wide frowns
you for my sake, sometimes, bear
          I shall be that silly dude
who has sex, miaow, on his mind when he sees a nun;
who reneges tax, steals from the government and gives a tenth to God;
who, depressive, thinks suicide is stupid but bought a magnum;
who sneers at magic, gifts it his middle finger but feeds his leprechaun . . .
          just for the gold

 I shall be just that silly dude
who speaks and writes these monophthongs and syllables with
molecules from glands and gentian dye that you see on your monitor
grin at . . .and you forget

I just might be that silly dude
who your minds, ganglia and brains refuses
to embrace . . .forgotten

*Sawa- pronounced sha-wa in yoruba, a fish I truthfully am piscist about.

1 comment: