Tuesday 6 September 2011

I saw beauty


bloodywrits.blogspot.com
for Ajet Nurdin Adewale and Anastasia Ajetunmobi who just taught me what beauty means by the birth of their son
I
teach me again, Sire, what beauty means.
I earned, learned the lessons, passed the tests
but the beauty you taught me left
and the markings, smiles it carved
on my features are no more
denuded, eroded  by
my calumny and irresponsibilities.

I stand 6 feet tall
and now see beauty in the most ephemeral-
cleaved, winking busts; crookedly smiling butts
belly-buttons, pierced, peeping, mischievously, from below tank-tops.

I still see wrong though my eyes are spectacled.
II
I saw his picture on my wall
and my eyes spoke tears while I stared
at this beauty in a shawl grown from
          a single pollen planted in a loving soil-
I can see him now, a sweet smelling rose bush smiling from his cot.

I know what this beauty is.

No comments:

Post a Comment