Thursday 8 September 2011

Polygamy, my therapy


bloodywrits.blogspot.com
another speakable excerpt from something trashy

Woman, I want to love you
Love you in ways, more than one
Love you in ways, less than a million
Love you in ways, one-tenth of a zillion
Love you in ways, in length, Amazonian
Love you in ways, in breadth, Sino-Russian
Love you in ways that leave you stuttering
Love you in ways that leave your lips lisping, lapping, listening, sipping
From this great gourd of liquid, lilting, lily-white loving

I want to love you
          Like a fool loves foolery
          Like women love finery
          Like ARISI* loves men’s blood
          Like the chicken’s love for the grain
          Like me, dying, without veins
          Like the Rift valley and earthquakes
          Like celebrities and sunshades
          Like our politicians and rape (of us)
That’s what my loving is
Me, singing you this . . . this . . .

Lady, mine, your eyes can clearly see
That my love, enough for us, drowns the seas
Fells the Rockies; bathes the Pyrenees;
Rides the Alps; tears the Himalayas in teeny halves

My love lasts long
And I  survive when you say no
I survive even when my alveoli
Collapses and pleads my lungs
And nostrils for more air . . .
For just a yes . . . for just a yes . . .for just a yes

I survive for my leucocytes are polygamous
I survive for polygamy resides in my marrows and femurs
There, love for my mother’s slowly deflating paps
There, love for everything scribbled down by hell on pads
There, love for the experience garnered by thighs and thighs of older women
There, love for ephemerals- highs, highs and highs that my money can’t buy yet
There, love for follicles, skin pores and downs on skin of corrupt of forever 18s
There, tears, tears and tears I would never cry, forced into this pen
infused with tannins and lali*, crying on these sheets
what my lachrymals would never do . . . never do . . . will never do.

P.S- Polygamy, my therapy, my vaccine

No comments:

Post a Comment