Wednesday 24 August 2011

Movies, Hollywood and the Middle East


Dead men, resurrected, walking-Hollywood. . .
Shooting hits to my veins via eyes, mine, through the tube. . .
High, I do not see the graffiti of gloom grimed
On the walls. I am a
Whorled flower in bud
Unfurling . . . unfurling.

Adolescents need exercise, calories and
Protein to grow good heads. I
Get my exercise, no coins
To taxi with, I
Trudged 2 miles home with
My wheels, my feet.

I get my Daily Requirement of
Necessaries from garri*, my protein
From Nicole Kidman’s ever
Changing bust line and her
Moans in falsetto. Her moans
Like oxygen giving me
Wings to escape deprecating
Stares of girls my
Age.

There are newer movies
Now. Away from Hollywood. Villains
REALer than the prints
On my palms, my fingers. Villains
Painted with extra horns to elicit the
Wrath of us, the world.

            Teach me democracy. Is
It fiction dramatized to
Exaggerate the wrongs of
Men I should not like?

Arise and applaud the new industry. . .
Painters of lips where eyes should be.
Cc: CNN, Al Jazeera, France24, BBC

*garri-for Nigerians, processed cassava that could be a meal or a snack. A problem exists when you snack on it so much that it becomes a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment