Wednesday 19 October 2011

Eff Good Intentions; Grow a conscience

The poor shall always be with you

Good intentions paid the bills last year.
Now I’m paying my debt.
It’s the truth.

The last time I did a good deed was last year
Now, I’m paying the price
It’s the truth

Bukky told me I thought too much
No wonder I stayed a virgin for so long
It’s the truth

I think better than most legislators
You do too. Let’s be candid.
It’s the truth

Like our political bizmen, I’ve never told the truth
I’m telling the truth now. Don’t giggle
It’s the truth

Our truths tire me now
They are in annoying versions like Microsoft Windows

Forgive the word I shall use next but
F**k truth,
Doesn’t it hurt your gut
when a dude with a B.Sced tie and
a suit of almost good English
pleads you for a note in naira, 20?

PS- GROW A CONSCIENCE















With books in my skull
I thought I knew
And understood

I saw Him.
No, Him and thin Him
And understood I never understood.

What does he see with his face to the Sun?
Does he see light like leaves,
in harmattan, hovering and falling to the floors?
Or, does he see light as nothing but
dripping black ink?

When he hears me speak with my baritone
thick like flood crashing down a waterfall,
does he think me well-fed like a Senator’s belly
or, does he see me for what I am-
frustrated, yet testosteroned;
insecure, but cackling;
broom thin with an Adam’s apple
the size of a baby’s head.
Does he see that?

What does he see?
What does he think?
Does he fantasize as I do
about supple, sleekly glossed lips?
Does he see jeaned, feminine bums with his ears
as they scratch-scratch their way in synchrony with their swinging gait?

Do blind men have wet dreams?
They do? What do they SEE when their volcano exudes?-
Dark, doughy, rotund thighs or
Clinking, clanking coins falling into his bowl in staccato?

Photo by a Nikon guru, Rauf Ayodeji Adeleke)

1 comment: